Monday, June 22, 2009

Remember, falls can kill

Some obligatory naturey shots from a camping trip to Shenandoah National Park this past weekend:


State flower of Connecticut! Probably my only fun botany fact, and I'm in the wrong state to share it.





Both appetizing and disgusting at the same time.

And while I have all of those cutesy nature pictures, probably my favorite of all is this one:




The attention to detail is riveting. I love the extra drops of water at the end so that we can be sure that it's a murderous waterfall and not a tripped out Slip 'n Slide. You can't see it in the picture, but the stick figure is actually smiling as he plunges to his death on jagged rocks. Existentialist message? As with most things, I feel the need to make a New Yorker cartoon caption for this sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment