Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Working World

Weird fetishists unite! I've always been put off by people in large character costumes (they can see you but you can't see them!) but I didn't think they had it this bad. I briefly worked as a Crash Test Dummy at the Mum Festival*, and I never had such a questionable experience. Mostly I wandered around, sweated a lot, and promoted car safety by waving.

While I can't imagine doing that as a job, I came across an article that outlines plenty of weird things that people do for a living in this country. Click through to find out how to get self-righteous messages saved up for your heathen friends who won't go with you in the Rapture, and where to get implants for your male dog to make him feel like a full canine once again.

My favorite, and one that I do want to try out, is the Something Store. You give them $10, and they send you...well, what does it sound like they send you? I was scoffed at by a few friends, but I'm tempted to do it. I've read a few complaints, but it seems to me that if you have high standards and don't like surprises, then you'd best stay away.

*Footnote: This is a sentence that no one has ever said before.

No comments:

Post a Comment